Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Summer

It's been a BEAUTIFUL summer! We've had so many sunny days, I just haven't been on the computer too much to have the time to blog.

Martin cleared our entire back yard, about 1/2 an acre total. He almost has my greenhouse completed too! I'm so excited! I will probably just do some tomatoes and lettuce since we are so late into the season. I'm just happy to be moving in the right direction. We have our garden plot ready for next year and it's pretty good size. We are preparing to flatten the front yard (there is a big berm in the middle of the circular drive) and get rid of the circular driveway so that the front is all lawn. Calista just wants a place to run in the sprinkler:) The rest of the backyard will have to wait for next year. Martin has plans back there:) He's putting in a T-box and putting green, a sand area for a fire pit, hammocks (I am going to try and put the hammocks in next week), and spool tables, and the rest will be lawn. A riding lawn mower is definitely in our future!

This last weekend Jared and Kev went up to Girdwood for the Forest Fair and camped out for the weekend. They went up there not really knowing where they were going to camp and I expected them to be back home that night. Kev called me very excited when they got there because a friend of a friend lives up there and invited them to camp out at his house. He has a rooftop deck that they pitched their tents on. We went up on Saturday, just for the day, and hung out. All of the following pictures are from the Forest Fair. Girdwood is about 70 miles south of us. It's a beautiful drive along the inlet and you can often see the Beluga Whales breeching, usually more in August and September.

We are enjoying Jared's company this summer! Thank you Ren for lending him to us:) I know his family is starting to really miss him and it makes me feel bad but I think he is having a really good time and we are trying to do as much as possible before he decides to go home. I want to take him white water rafting before the summer is up and I really hope we can fit it into the budget.

One of the music stages.
The kids getting ready to walk to the fair from their camping spot.


The kids pitch their tents on the rooftop deck of a friend of a friend:)

Pitching their tents.


Painting a spool table. We are going to try and get a hold of a few for our backyard.




The teens: Kev, Hope, Kevin, Stacy, and Tom. Not sure where Jared was when I took this picture. Must have been getting some food or something.

Hula Hooping.

Rylee (my niece,on right) and her friend Joslyn (sp?). It was Rylee's 8th birthday!


My friend, Debbie, and I.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you guys always seem to have the best fun and everytime i get a moment to sit down and catch up on your posts i am inspired all over again. thank you so much for being such an affirmation to living life freely!

Heidi Snavley said...

I'm glad I could inspire:) Winter time is a whole 'nother story though. We tend to do lots of hibernating in the winter. I think Alaskans appreciate summer more than some people:)

Ren Allen said...

I do miss him a ton but I'm SO happy for him to have such grand adventures. It will be a summer to remember!:)