Wednesday, June 03, 2009

We have this old barn/horse corral on our property that we have been going back and forth on what we were going to do with it- turn into yoga studio, guest house, green house, etc. A couple of weeks ago I finally decided that it just needed to come down. The roof had to be replaced anyway because there wasn't much left of it and it's just an eyesore on our property. We figured we could salvage most of the wood and build something else and maybe keep a portion of the building to turn into a greenhouse. I decided when the building came down that I would use the space for my garden plot.

We made the right decision because as soon as we started demolition it became clear how unstable the building was and there was lots of rotten wood and very dry, cracked wood. The demolition was a blast! And we were able to save part of the building that I will be working on this next couple of weeks to turn into a greenhouse....................after Martin re-builds the side wall to make it nice and stable.

First the roof comes off. Tristan and his friend's Tanner and Hunter took most of it off.

Then the siding and windows.




Tristan lives on the wild side..........as the building is swaying!


Then out comes the studs and posts.




And down she comes.

Crashing down!



And all that's left behind is my future greenhouse.

1 comment:

Ren Allen said...

Hey, is that my kid getting his hands dirty?! lol
I was working in the garden with Bleu today, sweating hard and thinking of Jared up in Alaska helping you get a garden area ready and it made me happy.:)