Thursday, April 08, 2010

Wine Down Wednesday

I think Martin and I have found our new Wednesday tradition!  Before we went on our motorhome trip we went to Sabai (Thai food) every Wednesday; it was our date night.  I love traditions and rituals and miss this one in particular.  Last night, one of our favorite places, The Grape Tap, started a Wine Down Wednesday, in which they give you a small glass of wine paired with an amazing appetizer for $10.  Usually when we go to The Grape Tap we leave with a $100 bill so we were thrilled to pop in before dinner, have an appetizer and a little wine and leave with only a $20 bill:)

I think with this tradition we will invite other couples to join us every week.  A nice hour of small talk over a glass of wine:)  Check them out on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wasilla-AK/The-Grape-Tap/94662473582

4 comments:

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Looks like a snazzy place. If I have room in my bags I will pack something nice to wear. Maybe we can go sometime over the summer, if we aren't to busy outside.

Heidi Snavley said...

What's nice about Alaska Heather (that some people hate about it) is that you can walk into a place like that dressed up or you can be wearing Carharts and no one cares! I usually dress pretty normal when I go but sometimes we do dress up.

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Oh that's awesome because I am blue jean and t-shirt person with sneakers. ♥

Annette said...

I just discovered your blog -- marvelous! And what a great idea, Wine Down Wednesdays. I need to find a place around here that does that.
:) Annette (a new unschooling parent)