Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Back to "school"


Martin got home with all kinds of ideas for a job and all of those doors have been shut. The one that has remained open is an opportunity for him to sell real estate. A friend of ours, who is a broker for Remax, invited Martin to join his team as a buyer agent and Martin has accepted so............................he is back in school. Back to memorizing so he can regurgitate at test time and not use half of what they are shoveling in but it has to be done to get his license so here he sits memorizing away. He is excited for the challenge and I think he is going to be really good at it!! He has the right personality for it and he is a "go-getter".

We also had our home inspection this morning and all went well. There are a few things that need to be addressed but nothing too major. Our closing is set for Aug. 25 but we are hoping to get early occupancy; wish us luck with that! The kids LOVE the house so everyone is waiting with anticipation for move-in day. It is a very unique, cozy house and what I have been dreaming about for a house. It is good that the other house didn't work out!! I am anxious to be able to start having people come hang out with us and living the very relaxed lifestyle that we are used to. I miss our midnight hangouts where we talk about life and our dreams as a family. I miss gathering around the table for family dinners. I miss having wireless internet for our laptops. I miss having my own kitchen. I miss having our projects strung out all over the house and I miss being LOUD!!! I am SO grateful to my sister and her family for putting up with us for so long; I know they live very differently than us and it can't be easy to have our crew bombarding them. Family is a wonderful thing!!!!!

6 comments:

Ren Allen said...

It's SO cute!! I hope you get in soon.
I finally posted a pic of the mural, but I also posted some other pics that will give away something I'm sending you. Don't tell Robin!:)

Love ya!

Unknown said...

NICE!!!
I love it, Heidi! Enjoy your beautiful new home! Hugs...

Glenda said...

I love the house!! Especially that deck. What a beautiful place to hang out in the evenings.

Altho I'm sad you all didn't opt to land in Texas (we need more unschoolers here!!), I'm glad you're seeing Alaska from a fresh perspective and are happy to be back there.

Best of luck to you all.

Glenda (in Tx)

Heidi Snavley said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments! Things are good, sometimes we just have to find out how good it is the round about way. I wouldn't trade anything we did though!! We will be back to Texas to visit!

Heather said...

It's beautiful!!! I love the color!

Anonymous said...

Your new home is very cute! I am soooo glad we meet your family, and hope to cultivate a long lasting friendship!Tanya Smathers